Monday, June 21, 2010

Absolutely Fabulous!

Hi everyone! I've read that most paper crafters make their best work during the wee hours of the night. I don't know about myself, but I just take forever in making a card. Which is why I end up posting my work so late. Haha! I can never make up my mind about what to make. And I almost always start with no idea whatsoever! I always need something to start with, like a stamp or a patterned paper, or an idea from a magazine. I'm not one to carry a little sketch pad where I put all my great ideas. But hopefully one day ideas will just come. My inspiration for this card was the gorgeous flower in Papertrey Ink's Friends till the End stamp set. I started from there...and this is where it led me...

I wish Papertrey Ink would come up with a line of lighter cardstock for layering purposes. Does anyone find it too thick for this? I was thinking of postage and hoped that this card wasn't too heavy. I also had a hard time using the intricate Martha Stewart edge punch. I was a bit afraid I might break it because of all the pressure I had to put just to punch the heavy cardstock. Ah well....perhaps in the future there will be a lighter cardstock from Papertrey Ink that will carry all of their wonderful colors.

Speaking of colors...I colored the huge flower using colored pencils, then finished them off with gamsol to even out everything. I can't tell you how much I want Copic markers!!! :) I'll probably try to collect them slowly as I am doing with my long...long...long...want list from Papertrey Ink. Anyway, here's my card. I hope you all like it! Enjoy!



Supplies:
Cardstock - cream, spring moss (PTI)
Patterned Paper - pink damask (Me & My Big Ideas)
Stamps - Friends till the End, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI), script background (Hero Arts)
Ink - Staz On, Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), brown (Colorbox)
Others - ribbon (Walmart), oval, scalloped oval (Spellbinders), edge punch (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the soft colours and the layering is gorgeous. Love the way you coloured that flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Jean! I, too, take forever to make most cards. I've usually been forming it over and over in my mind before I get actually sit down at my craft table. Whatever method you're using, it certainly works!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails