Saturday, June 12, 2010

Kwerner Readers' Choice Color Inspiration #3

Hi friends! Happy Saturday! I had a hard time making anything at all today. I actually wanted to wait for my new stamp sets to come in (yay!) but Kristina Werner's challenge was only until tonight. I'm not very good with the color violet. I don't like the color so much. But this combination was very nice and I thought..why not...give it a shot. So, I tried to make some handmade paper flowers again from that video I saw last week. I love the look of the paper flower so much. I don't even know what kind of flower it is! Hee! Sorry I was never a green thumb...plants seem to die all around me. I just like to look! Haha!

It takes some time to make the flowers. I had to cut the petals from a scallop circle die cut. Ink them. Curl and distress the edges of the petals. Add glitter. THEN attach them one by one to a base. I like how it always comes out though! Anyway, here it is...my submission for Kristina Werner's Color Challenge! Enjoy!







Oops, I guess I was too late! I didn't notice the 12:00pm MDT. Oooh well! I hope you all enjoy the card anyway!

 
Supplies:
Cardstock - white, eggplant (PTI), brown, lavender, olive (Paper Company)
Stamps - Polkadot Basics 2 (PTI), sentiment (SU)
Ink - eggplant (Whispers), white, light olive (Colorbox)
Others - brad, glitters, rhinestones


2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely! Your paper flower is gorgeous and I love all the inked edges. Wonderful use of the colors, even if you didn't quite make the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog through the Embellish magazine challenge. I love the cards that you make, they are exquisite! I have begun to follow you to keep being inspired ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails