Monday, September 20, 2010

Hi

Hi everyone! I actually have a card for today. I was a little busy today and had no time to make any cards until late tonight. Anyway, I promised Heather I would show her another flower I had made. (*wink*) I actually got the idea from Mona Pendleton. She's such an inspiration for me. She's like the Shabby Chic Diva! :) I feel very honored whenever she leaves a comment on my little 'ol blog! :)


She uses her Spellbinder flowers, wrinkles them and layers them one on top of the other. I'm not sure if she uses colored wrapping tissue to make them. Well, I don't have any in my stash. What I did was, I lightly misted my die cut flowers (Tim Holtz for Sizzix), then I wrinkled them using an embossing tool. Since they were moist it was pretty easy to mold them into what I wanted them to look like. Afterwards, I just layered them and attached them together with a brad. It's actually easier than the other paper flower I usually make. Thanks for the idea Mona!


Here's my card for tonight. Or should I say morning? :)







Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream, kraft, lemon tart (PTI)
Patterned Paper - Dotty Biscotti (PTI)
Stamps - Victorian Frippery (Waltzing Mouse), En Francais (SU)
Others - edge punch (Martha Stewart), tag die (Sizzix), twine (Michael's), brad (Recollections)




Enjoy your week! Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!


~ Jean

1 comment:

  1. Jean this is so pretty! I just love that flower!

    Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog!! SO glad I found you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails