Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bright Colors

HI bloggies! I've been playing around with bright colors this evening. I'm really trying to get myself a bit comfortable with them. So far, I'm sad to report that I'm still not into it so much. The reason I was playing around with them is because Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 70 is chock full of lovely bright colors! Whenever I'm in a rut about bright color combinations, I love to stop and take a look through Betsy Veldman's blog. She's my favorite Papertrey Ink lady. And I'm totally inspired by her knack of using colors and patterned papers together. I also love how she uses different stamps to make backgrounds instead of relying mostly on patterned paper. This is where I got the idea for my card tonight. But before I show you...here's the color combination for this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 70.




I used a stamp from Mat Stack 2 Collection and Damask Designs to make the background panel. I combined it with patterned papers from My Mind's Eye. And of course there has to be some kind of ribbon or flower in there otherwise it wouldn't be me! :) So I threw in these gorgeous flowers from Webster's Pages. I'm hoping to do better next time with bright colors. Until then...practice, practice, practice! :) 







10 comments:

  1. Oh my this is so stunning! You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my oh my; I'm smitten....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I'm totally loving your card!
    The way you've worked the mixy-matchy patterns and rocking those colours (even though you say you're not confident with them!)... well, you're right on form ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jean! You did a wonderful job incorporating these colors into your style. The stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Jean. Pretty paper and ribbon treatment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jean!! The way you mixed the DPs is so fabulous! I love the turquoise rose ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! The dp's you have here are so pretty and I am totally loving that rose trim! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the ribbon! Beautiful invite Jean! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! I think you have enabled me to check out the TH stamps!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails