Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Funniest Thing.....and Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 71

Hi friends! I hope your Saturday went well. I was out for most of the day and I thought I wouldn't be able to make it for my Curtain Call Color Challenge post tonight! I made it in time with 30 minutes to spare. The funniest thing happened tonight on our way home. We were visiting with a cousin out in Westchester, and on our way home, we had to load a few things in the car. While loading the car, my DH decides to leave a box filled with pastries on top of the car. It was dark and getting colder by the minute so we hurried and left. When we got home, as we were unloading the car, we couldn't find the box of pastries!!! Hahaha! We had driven through I-95 with a box of pastries on top of the car!!! I wonder where it is now....stuck in traffic perhaps?! Hahahahahaha! It's absolutely hilarious! I hope it didn't make a mess on the road. You see these things happen on tv and you think it would never happen to you. Alas! Such things do really happen! Heehee. 


Anyway, enough of my story and on to the challenge this week! It's time for Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 71



Here's my take on this challenge. I'm still stuck on butterflies ever since I got the Mariposa pad from DCWV. For this one, I used the WPlus9 butterfly stamp from Flora and Fauna to make a background panel. I also used their Woodgrain Silhouettes additions with Crumb Cake ink. These flowers came all the way from Thailand! I got them from I am Roses. They're so beautiful. I'm so excited to use more of them in my cards. The butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart. 






11 comments:

  1. Wow Jean! You took these colors from a fall palette to a summer palette effortlessly! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just stunning!! The colour combo looks fantastic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous; I love the butterflies. Gorgeous combo of red and neutrals; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your lost pastries, but at least it wasn't something that can't be replaced! I've done the same thing with a cup of coffee before!

    I'm loving all of those butterflies! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Jean - you rock that colour challenge!
    Shame you missed out on tucking into those pastries though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Jean! I really like the butterflies (stamped and punched) and the gorgeous flowers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous butterfly card Jean! Love it! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous!! The detail is amazing and I love the use of those colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails