Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hi everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! And what a Valentine's day it is...I caught my husband's stomach flu! It's not so bad. At least we celebrated early yesterday. I hope you'll all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!


I don't have a Valentine's day card for you today. (Maybe I can sneak in one later if I'm feeling better...) But I do have something better! The March/April Issue of Papercrafts Magazine is finally on the shelves! And I can finally share with you all my winning card for the World Card Making Day 2010!!!





It's actually a little funny how I found out that I had a winning entry. Someone from the magazine contacted me to ask what stamp set and stamp company my sentiment came from because they were already making the write-ups for the magazine. And I was so startled that they were asking that when no one even told me that I had a winning entry. I was so happy and excited that day, but I wasn't sure if it was real or if it was just a fluke. Well, I replied to the email to inform them that the sentiment stamp was from Waltzingmouse Stamps, and I asked them if I had won. It turns out that I did...so then I was finally able to complete my dance of joy. Hahaha! 


This card is infused with Waltzingmouse goodness! Of course, it had to be my all time favorite...Victorian Frippery. This was the first set I ever ordered from WMS, and this was the first card I made with it. And it was also the first card I ever submitted to a magazine! So I was really very happy that it made it all the way. :)


I hope you'll grab a copy of Papercrafts Magazine March/April 2011 and look at the rest of the winning entries. The magazine is filled with such inspiration and fantastic card makers. :) Enjoy your day! Hope to see you all later!


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous to see your card Jean in all it's glory! You should definitley be proud of that one - it's stunning! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous entry, Jean, and such a deserving winner! Congratulations again on being recognized for your oodles of talent! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot, woot!! congrats, Jean...as a big fan of yours, I'm not surprised and hope you keep submitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Well deserved too! Beautiful work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite from WM too and you created a masterpiece. My oh my; I'm inpressed and in love.
    Congrats on your win. It's so well deserved; this is a one of a kind beauty! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats from a fellow WCMD winner! This is really stunning. Thanks for your comments on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails