Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Three birds with one stone

Hi bloggies! I have a confession to make. I have been falling asleep after dinner almost all the time now! Hee! I'm just soo tired after work a lot. I haven't been joining a lot of challenges like I want to. I made a card tonight for 3 challenges. I decided to combine the challenges instead and make full use of my posting tonight. First up, Flourishes: Bring Back Beautiful - Time for Neutral Beauty. I saw Heather's post today for Bring Back Beautiful. It was so gorgeous that I said to myself I wasn't missing this challenge. Secondly, I saw Lisa Johnson's video over at Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday: Distressing Edges. I thought it would be a perfect technique for the look I was trying to go for with my card. And last but certainly not the least, our dear Chupa has a sketch challenge up at her blog! I tell you, this lady is Wonder Woman! I can barely count how many DT spots she's currently holding, aside from ALL the challenges she joins PER day, and she has CASE Study Challenge and NOW Sketchbook Saturday Challenge! Whew! What a busy, busy lady!!! :) Here's a little sneak peak of my card...








When I saw Chupa's sketch, I knew I was going to use this butterfly! I also decided to go for this swirl from Hero Arts, it always looks good in neutral colors. I stamped it over some Background Text Style from PTI. Instead of actually putting some crocheted lace on my card, I stamped my favorite stamp from WMS Victorian Frippery. I love the combination of brown and gray. It's so elegant! The sentiment stamp is also from PTI. I just love sentiments that combine script with printed text. Beautiful! I hope you like my card tonight. I'll see you all again tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by! :)











20 comments:

  1. Jean this is simply gorgeous. I love the butterfly - is it metal?
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is sooo beautiful!! LOVE the colors and elegant design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so elegant! I love how you layered the stamps for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean it's absolutely gorgeous. Love the subtle colours, that swirl is sooooo stylish and the butterfly is a stunner. Great job! Sorry to hear you're so tired....it's annoying when you want to stamp but the body's just not willing I know :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I love it.

    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean this is amazing! I love this layout! The distressing looks great! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is beautiful! I love that stamping treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful!! I love the elegant look and your victorian border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. This is simply beautiful. I love the colors, the fluorishes, everything. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Jean! I love the butterfly. Such an elegant card. :)
    Thanks for playing with is at Brin Back Beautiful.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Jean - I'm glad you found a little time to get inky. Finding a little creative opportunity here or there is good for the soul ;)
    Even if it is between naps (as I found a couple of evenings ago when I dozed off in from of the TV after dinner!) Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant and gorgeous. I love these shades of neutrals. Love the addition of the Victorian Frippery border stamp. It's one of my favorites; I use it a lot:) And the butterfly is jaw dropping beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Elegant beauty at it's best!!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Jean! I love all of the beautiful flourishes at the top! So perfect with your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL... I might be a busy lady, but you're certainly full to the brim with talent!! I'm in awe of this card - the colours, stamping, simplicity... it's a STUNNER!!
    You actually just enabled me to finally decide to get that HA flourish, that I've been drooling over for quite some time... hiii hii!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card and way to knock out 3 challenges with one card. great work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails