Saturday, September 3, 2011

Embellish Magazine: Color Trends Challenge - Stripes

I did it! I got $62 tickets to Cirque du Soleil! From $140, down to $62! :) Thanks Kim! That Groupon discount code was great! Hubby and I are watching tomorrow. We've always wanted to see them, but never had the time to. So I'm looking forward to spending the day in the city with my husband.


I saw the Embellish Magazine Color Trends Challenge over at their blog and just loved the DT sample cards. I wanted in on all of the fun. I've been making a lot over the weekend. I was hoping that my Papertrey Ink order would arrive by today, but it hasn't. Darn. Oh well. 


Anyway, here's the lovely color combination for the challenge. Embellish Magazine: Color Trends Challenge - Stripes.



Here's my sample for this challenge. I wanted to combine some CAS elements and shabby chic into my card. I don't know if you can see it...but here it is. :) 

I stamped some flowers from Celebrating You (The Craft's Meow) up top. I didn't color it to keep it simple and clean. Then I stamped some stripes on the bottom part of the panel using Background Basics: Retro from Papertrey Ink. I'm loving the effect of the small, clean lines that background stamp produced. 


I used Rescue Remedies from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the label. Then I added the flower, button and ribbon for my embellishments. 



3 comments:

  1. Yeah for Groupon! Glad you scored on a great deal to see the show! Hope you enjoy yourselves and give us the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Jean! The outline fuschias are great to set off the stripe panel ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I love every detail! It's a gorgeous card!

    Hope you enjoyed C de S! I bet it was awesome!

    Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails