Saturday, November 12, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 73

Hi bloggie friends! I'm still on vacation, and absolutely enjoying it. I know I said I would post some pictures up, but I haven't yet. I've just been out a lot and have not had much time online. I usually make these posts late at night when I get back home from meeting friends and going out with family. I will have some time on my hands tomorrow and so I'll make sure to post some pictures for everyone.

Today, I'm back for another round of Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. This one is much easier than the last I promise. lol! Was that last one a challenge or what? :) Here's our sketch for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 73.


I'm loving the layers here. It looks pretty simple, but then again, it's all up to your imagination right? My imagination took me to Western themes. :) I haven't used my Back In the Saddle stamp set in a while. So I decided to go all Western on this week's card.


First off, I embossed my background panel. The wooden pattern was perfect for the theme. Then I took a small vintage cream cardstock piece and stamped several sentiments on it. I inked the edges to age the panel a bit. 


 I added the ribbon, stamped the cowboy and die cut it. Then I matted it with some chocolate brown cardstock. Then lastly, I added the tag with the sentiment. 


I'll see you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog okay?! Come join us for some fun!!! See y'all!!! Thanks for stopping by today! :)

~ Jean

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Jean, a perfect take on this fabulous sketch! I'm feeling all inspired by this weeks sketch, and I'm itching to get in my craft space. I love the neutral tones you have used, and the stamps set really suits this colour scheme, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stitching and the way you stamped the sentiments to make a background panel. The woodgrain looks perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, a masculine card with your feminine flair!! LOVE it...and I'm so wanting this set!! Have been for a while, think it's time to order!! LOL hugs and am glad you are enjoying yourself. Hope mom is still on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails