Saturday, March 10, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 88

Hi there! Yay! It's finally the weekend. It seemed like such a long week. I was waiting for my new Waltzingmouse Stamps to arrive for this sketch challenge but they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully they'll be here for the next challenge. This week's sketch if from Renee. Here it is, for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 88.


When I saw this sketch, I immediately grabbed my Back In The Saddle stamp set. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it in the beginning. And I just sat there looking at the stamp set and the sketch. Then I had my light bulb moment. lol! And this is what I came up with...


I wanted to make a girly, cowgirl card. So I used soft tones and lace to bring it all together. I was contemplating on using dies for the squares but decided on using my pinking shears instead. I think it looks better and more "cowgirl-ish". :)


It's not very visible, but I actually stamped "It's Your Big Day" on the cream cardstock before I dry embossed it with the woodgrain impression plate. I have most of my supplies listed down with links below, but I left out the twine, button (Michael's) and lace (M&J Trimming).


I made this one last minute because I've been so busy this week with work. But it was sooo much fun to make. And it was a great stress relief to make it on a weekend. I hope you can join us this week at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. You'll be seeing more cards once my new sets arrive!!! Eeeep!!! I'm so excited to get them! :)

Check out what the other Mischief Makers have made this week! I'll see you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used:

2 comments:

  1. Fun card,love the gingham and stars nice combo! I like how you put your own spin on the sketch .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you....making the Wild West frilly!!! Perfect!!! Love the cowboy/horse stamped over the sentiment....fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails