Monday, May 7, 2012

The Craft's Meow May Sketch Challenge

Hello again! I'm back with a card for The Craft's Meow May Sketch Challenge. It's a bit late I know, but I've been a little busy. I hope your weekend was nice. It was very restful for me. I actually went to get a hair cut on Saturday. I asked the stylist to just trim about 3-4 inches off since my hair was really long. 

I don't know what happened, she was working at the back and by the time she got to the sides I saw that she had cut so much and that my hair is now very short. I was so annoyed. I just let her finish since there was nothing else I could do. Hopefully it grows back really fast. 

Enough with my little rant. Let's get to the sketch shall we? This month's sketch is from Nina Brackett. It's a great sketch, I had a lot of fun with it. I think you'll enjoy it as well.


I know the sketch has a butterfly on it, but you don't have to follow that. You can put anything you'd like there. Just as long as there's an element present. Here's my project for the challenge.


When I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to work with a different medium other than just paper. So I grabbed a sheet of canvas and die cut three circles and stamped an image on it from Simply Delightful. I colored it with my Copic markers. I noticed that the Copics will bleed a little. So before you keep going, you can wait for one color to dry before putting in a new color. I ran my nails through the edges to give it that frayed look. Then I covered the edge with some crocheted lace.


The butterfly background I stamped on a panel of patterned paper. The paper is from My Mind's Eye, and the beautiful butterfly images are from Beautiful Spring.


I stamped my sentiment from Mother and Father, then cut out the edge of the strip to make it into a banner. I backed it with a tag from Timeless Tags, that I cut into two and adhered to the back of the strip.


That's my card for the sketch. I'll be back with some more this week. Make sure to join us for a little inky fun! Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your week!




4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Jean. I love the sweet butterflies. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the textures on this beauty, Teamie! Fabulous!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for passing by my blog with your kind comment :)

    Your card is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails